Re: [engelang] Logos Initiative

Jorge Llamb�as jjllambias@hidden.email [engelang], On 30/09/2014 18:30:
That's very helpful, thank you! I may finally be starting to understand Livagian.

So when you say that it has completely free word order, that really
means that the content-part of the words can appear in any order, but
if the word moves to a new position its inflections and other word's
inflections will usually change.

Exactly so.

The freedom of stem order is by accident rather than design. Or at least long ago freedom of stem order was a minor design goal for me, but now I would happily sacrifice it if it yielded an overall more ergonomic system.
    A further unergonomic feature of the system is that most of the info in a sentence is in the inflections, not in the predicates (i.e. stems), though I haven't yet been able to assess how extreme the imbalance between stem and inflection is.

Also presumably the inflections have to be indefinitely extendable,
so you can reference any item on the virtual list, right?

Yes. The portion of the inflection that shows which item on the virtual list the incoming ESAP merges with must be indefinitely extendable.

--And.