Re: [engelang] Re: New member

Welcome, harbinger of the future (someone said recently that in the future we will all be Brazilians).  Don't (I speak from experience here - as an emeritus associate professor) let an interest in languages in any way, shape, or form keep you from working full-time on your official field.  But glad to have your input when you can join us.

From: Leonardo <leolucas1980@hidden.email>
To: engelang@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 10:39 AM
Subject: [engelang] Re: New member

Hello!

I'm going to (lately) follow your post and introduce myself too.

I'm a young Professor of Physics in University of Brasília. My research field is the Monte Carlo simulation of ferrofluids, but I'm interested in the new field of computer simulation of language families (although the two heads of my research group don't want me to spend time on it). If you are interested in it and have never heard about, follow the link above:
http://arxiv.org/abs/0709.0868

For the case that personal data interest anyone:
My name is "Leonardo Luiz e Castro", I was born in November 1980 in the Brazilian state of Goiás, I'm married and I have a baby daughter. I'm neither White nor Black nor Amerindian. Or maybe I'm all of them.

Cordially,

Leonardo