Re: [engelang] The death of Tsar Boris

And Rosta, On 18/09/2012 02:22:
John Cowan, On 18/09/2012 01:53:
Tsar Boris III of Bulgaria died in 1943; so much is fact. It's widely
believed that the Germans murdered him by poison, but neither the cause of
death nor the identities of the killers (if any) were ever established.
How would you say in Xorban

The Germans probably killed Boris by poison.

in such a way that the factuality of his death is preserved, while the
questions of murder and poison remain open? I'm not even sure how to
adequately express this in English (other than by the two sentences at
the start of this post), but loglangs are supposed to get this kind of
thing right.

la fa lo 'boris'o mrso le te fe li dtci ju rnkika lu [poison]u plniku [epistemically probable]e

Plain fa preserves factuality of death. "te fe" intensionalizes the situation (of Germans causing the death and using poison).

With Germans and poisoning as separate likelihoods:

la fa lo 'boris'o mrso le te jeke fe li dtci rnkika fe li fi lu [poison]u plno'eku rnkika [epistemically probable]e

jeke = ge

Can anyone see a way of avoiding repetition of rnkika? I can't.

--And.