Re: [engelang] Xorban vocative, d- & m-

And Rosta, On 15/09/2012 14:33:
Mike S., On 15/09/2012 05:56:
Do we have any way of indicating something like a vocative i.e. "hey,
you" or "yo, And"?

No, none has been proposed yet. Presumably, these expressions would
contain an illocutionary of various sorts -- greeting the addressee,
attracting the attention of the intended addressee, identifying the
addressee (to make it clear which of various hearers is the intended
addressee), expressing some kind of unasserted attitude to the
addressee ("It's bedtime now, darling") -- some with a complement and
some without.

I forgot to mention that we do also have "ma'e mke" for "you are Mike", which is not a vocative, but is the counterpart of how Jorge has been signing his messages, "ma'a xrxe".

--And.