Re: [engelang] intensions & extensions (Xorban)

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 8:24 AM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:

> It doesn't really satisfy the same world/not-necessarily-same world
> contrast, tho; the difference, with "X see Y", between "There's Y, and Y
> acts as visual stimulus on X, causing X to form a percept of Y" and "X as a
> result of visual stimulus perceives Y to obtain". You could force the first
> interpretation by "la ftca fa smo'e vska'aka" or "la fa smo'e li fi vska'aka
> lu gnmukaki re mneku ftc/jtne". But it's so much easier just to have two
> versions of f.

If you mean the difference between "I see someone in the room" and "I
see that someone is in the room", then I would do those as:

sa je prna le kmfe zvtake vska'aka
Some A/[person(A) & E/room(E): at(A,E)]: see(me,A)

la fa se prne li kmfi zvteki vska'aka
A/[Situation A in which: some E/person(E): I/room(I): at(E,I)]: see(me,A)

But I don't see that this has much to do with non-factual worlds. If
you mean some other contrast, I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

ma'a xrxe