Re: [engelang] intensions & extensions (Xorban)

Jorge Llamb�as, On 14/09/2012 01:38:
On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM, And Rosta<and.rosta@hidden.email>  wrote:

Given the possible shortage of consonants, it might be better in due
course to replace some of the Cs by nVk, so that, say, "va" is "noka" and pa
is "naika", and so forth.

That's a good idea, but I would use nVk for unary operators only, and
jVk for binary ones.

Right, so "pa" is "joka", say.

You like your perfect correspondence between phonological form and grammatical function, but I think I might be tempted to combine j- and n- into a single C, e.g. j, maybe reserving ji-/je-/ja- for unaries and jy/ju/jo for binaries or suchlike. It's premature to make any decisions, but when we do, my preference would be whatever goes furthest to shrinking the phonological length of the average sentence. But we're a long long way off being able to make judgements about average sentence length.

-And.