Re: [engelang] Xorban: Semantics of "l-" (and "s-" and "r-")

John E Clifford, On 08/09/2012 21:59:
A large part of Montague grammar is just piecing things like this
out. Of course, I can't say any of this to &, since he doesn't
believe there is anything other than surface grammar.

It's not that I don't believe there is anything other than surface grammar; rather it's that I want a language whose formalization stops at logical form (predicate--argument structure, operator--variable structure) and doesn't formalize relations between logical forms and the stuff the logical forms describe.

I hope it's clear that me seeking one sort of language doesn't preempt anybody else seeking a different sort.

--And.