Re: Engelang phonology chat

Yes. Here in Brazil /@/ is an allophone of /a/. In Portugal, it is frequently allophone of /e/ or /i/. The default epenthetic vowel of Brazilian Portuguese is /i/ (or /I/, non-contrastingly).

> this will probably be one of the most common segments in Xorban.  It's fine
> by me, though.  I speak English too.

Xorban scheme is beautiful, but I don't know if it would be easily-learnable enough to become an IAL. Though it may be very usable for enthusiast interested in synthetic, logical cognition and/or communication and for unambiguous computer-human communication (although it is also probable that computers will be able to understand ambiguity first).