Re: [engelang] xorban compounds (was: Re: Engelang phonology chat

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 8:45 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:
Mike S., On 25/08/2012 23:41:

> What about a compromise?

Would {ifi} work as a(n optional) hyphen? Or any {VfV} where the vowels are the same? I may be wrong, but it seems to me that currently {ifi} following a predicate stem is not going to have a valid meaning.

I don't think so; {ifi} is a valid production at the end of a simple formula, and even if it's never going to have a sensible meaning, it could still be part of a name.