phonotactics (was: Re: Xorban Development

Mike S., On 25/08/2012 07:25:
Can I interpret this to mean "we are not going specify phonotactics
in detail right now"?  That's fine and for the best.  Phonotactic
specifications are a dime a dozen.  There is much else to focus on.

It warrants a separate thread, but since I do have a proposal for phonotactics (-- copied from Livagian), I'll post about it.

1. /i/ and /u/ are both consonants and vowels.

2. Nonvocalic consonants may be adjacent only to vowels. [/@/ might have a zero allophone, but allophony specifications can be left to later]

3. Nonconsonantal vowels may be adjacent only to consonants.

4. Two identical segments can't be adjacent (i.e. */ii, uu/)

Maybe:
5a. /e/ & /y/ may not be followed by /u/
5b. /o/ may not be followed by /i/
5c. /ei/ & /ou/ must be followed by a vowel

6. /@/ must be preceded and followed by a consonant and can't be adjacent to a vowel [i.e. excluding the [Cj@C, Cw@C] discussed in earlier msgs]

--And.