Re: [engelang] Re: [jboske] LoCCan3 development ideas.

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> xfr:  Ax transfers Px
> kl: Pk passes to Tk
>
> so prna xfrai so mlti kliu ro vrbu.
> Some person (Ax) gave a cat (Px=Pk) to every child (Tk).

Do you really mean:
ExPx: EzMz: AyVy: Xaz & Kzy
?
There's some person and some cat such that the person gives it to every child?

Your English sounds more like:
ExPx: AyVy: EzMz: Xaz & Kzy

or perhaps:
AyVy: ExPx: EzMz: Xaz & Kzy

In my version it would be sorted by the order of the quantifiers:

sa prna re vrbe si mlti je xfraki klike
ExPx: AyVy: EzMz: Xaz & Kzy

re vrbe sa prna si mlti je xfraki klike
AyVy: ExPx: EzMz: Xaz & Kzy

sa prna si mlti re vrbe je xfraki klike
ExPx: EzMz: AyVy: Xaz & Kzy

I'm not sure how you want to handle quantifier scope.

> I think the best way to link the place structures of syntactically
> combined predicates is by simply adopting Richard Morneau's system of three
> archetypical thematic relations called agent (A), patient (P), and theme (T)
> (the last Morneau calls "focus").  These can represented by vowels a/i/u.
> Clauses can be composed of serial predicates as in the example above, or you
> can derive case tags like Morneau if you prefer;  there is only one agent-
> and/or one patient-arguments per clause,

But what if the same argument is the agent in one clause and the
patient or theme in another within the same quantifier's scope?

> each of which is governed by any
> number of co-predicates of the correct types; there are any number of
> theme-arguments, each governed by exactly one co-predicate.  In my tinkering
> I have found that there are only four open-class predicate types needed:
> (A,P) "A does something to P", (A,T) "A does something using T", (P) "P is
> something", and (P,T) "P has something to do with T".   There is also a need
> for a closed class of coordinating particles with arbitrary valency (P, T1,
> T2, T3,... ) but I'll leave that out for now.

The (AP) predicates are derived from the (P)? As in "x1 moves" when x1
is agent as well as patient.

mu'o mi'e xorxes