Re: [engelang] Re: Xorban for beginners

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 3:35 PM, gleki.arxokuna <gleki.is.my.name@hidden.email> wrote:

I know that la xorban ca pu'o bangu

However, I don't care about the phonology and the sounding.
Just update the textbook every time you change something.

The textbook is a must because you will know what needs to be added or fixed in the language.
btw, if the grammar is really simple there will be no need in huge reference grammar book. X4B and the Complete Xorban Language can be the same book.
And writing such book will accelerate the development of the language.

There won't be anything like a *book* anytime soon, but I will write a modest introductory overview this week.  In the meantime, there are links in my signature if you want to jump in the deep end without a life preserver.

--- In engelang@yahoogroups.com, "John E. Clifford" <kali9putra@...> wrote:

> Well, it would be nice to have a good outline of what the constructors actually have decided on and why and where they are moving on to next. But, at least officially, there is no language yet; the various apparent sentences you see are dummies standing in for sentences which will appear when phonology and morphology get dealt with. Unfortunately, it appears that many of these nonce forms have already become entrenched and will be hard to replace with different, more rational forms at a later time.

I don't think so. It will be possible to create numerous clones of Xorban.
Mandarin-like clone with tones.
tokipona-like clone with reduced phonology
Ithkuil-style clone with very short words
Gangnam-style ...whatever

I don't see any problem either, but others do not agree.

--
co ma'a mke

Xorban blog: Xorban.wordpress.com
My LL blog: Loglang.wordpress.com