Re: [engelang] Xorban: co'e, co'o & co'u

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:59 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:

Mike S., On 17/10/2012 21:41:

> co'e = doi ...
> co'o = topic marker ... (no exact equivalent in L)
> co'u = mu'o mi'e ...

The idea of these seems fine to me.

Okay.

For my part I find it premature to discuss particular words, for two reasons. One is that it's too details-focused; better to add the meanings to a list of potentially-useful candidate meanings for words, for when the lexicon is eventually created. The other reason is that we seem to be drifting into an unagreed phonology merely by inertia; and assigning phonological forms to words merely entrenches the Lojbanoid phonology Jorge produced in his first sketch.

But doesn't the list that I am gradually compiling amount to exactly that, i.e. a list of potentially useful candidate meanings for words?  I am not committed to the existence of the words that I am listing, much less to their phonological forms.

I recognize that you take a different view. You'd rather get up and building speakable Xorban asap, and don't want to get bogged down in a paralysis of endless discussion and decisionlessness. It may be that you may have to press ahead without carrying me with you.

(Me, I would like full discussion and explicit decisionfulness.)

--And.

I just believe that there are too many uncertainties and unknowns to get everything decided properly through pure theoretical discussion.  So, yes, I do think that we need to explore an experimental prototype.

--
co ma'a mke

Xorban blog: Xorban.wordpress.com
My LL blog: Loglang.wordpress.com