Re: [engelang] Xorban: co'e, co'o & co'u

Yes, there is a real danger of ad hoc and nonce usages getting solidified into place out of habit.     Personally, I don't like much of the appearance the current examples and think they are designed (or destined) to be more confusing than enlightening. So I think the whole morphology and phonology should proceed thoughtfully and carefully.  But I especially think the grammar should be done first (or at least a couple of steps ahead of the dressing).
 Sent from my iPad

On Oct 17, 2012, at 3:59 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:

Mike S., On 17/10/2012 21:41:
> co'e = doi ...
> co'o = topic marker ... (no exact equivalent in L)
> co'u = mu'o mi'e ...

The idea of these seems fine to me.

For my part I find it premature to discuss particular words, for two reasons. One is that it's too details-focused; better to add the meanings to a list of potentially-useful candidate meanings for words, for when the lexicon is eventually created. The other reason is that we seem to be drifting into an unagreed phonology merely by inertia; and assigning phonological forms to words merely entrenches the Lojbanoid phonology Jorge produced in his first sketch.

I recognize that you take a different view. You'd rather get up and building speakable Xorban asap, and don't want to get bogged down in a paralysis of endless discussion and decisionlessness. It may be that you may have to press ahead without carrying me with you.

(Me, I would like full discussion and explicit decisionfulness.)

--And.