Re: [engelang] Unicode test

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:

John Cowan, On 27/09/2012 06:44:

> Mike S. scripsit:
>
>> Thanks. The two mojibake emails were entered into the YG interface, where
>> they looked fine until I sent them. When I send a message to the Engelang
>> YG from the Gmail browser client (as I usually do), you and others get the
>> correct UTF-8, but the permanent Engelang YG archives display mojibake.
>
> Just two among the many reasons I don't use Yahoo Mail or Yahoo Groups any more.

I've set up engelang@hidden.email. If you, Jorge and Mike will give your consent, I will make you owners of the Engelang lists at Yahoo and Google so that the Yahoo list (and the archives?) can be migrated to Googlegroups, unless somebody else on Engelang objects to such a move. (I was planning to add you unilaterally, but then thought that would be a bit presumptuous.) Or if nobody can be arsed, we can stick with the status quo.

If I were to decide to do the migration myself, it would get put to the bottom of a long list of jobs to do, unless I get given some very easy to follow and un-timeconsuming instructions...

--And.

I am happy to help, though John Cowan may be more familiar with the steps.  I am sure Google has instructions.  Either way it will get done.

--
co ma'a mke

Xorban blog: Xorban.wordpress.com
My LL blog: Loglang.wordpress.com