Re: [engelang] Unicode test

Mike S. scripsit:

> I just want to see how the Yahoo Group handles some symbols that I might
> wish to use.
>
> Schwa: ə
> Exists: ∃
> All: ∀
> Not: ¬
> And: ∧
> Or: ∨
> Implies: →
> iff: ↔
> Subset: ⊆
> Element: ∈

This version came through fine.  It's a multipart/alternative
document with two parts labeled "text-plain;charset=utf-8" and
"text/html;charset=utf8" which are, in fact, encoded in UTF-8.  The
monowidth font I use to read most email doesn't have enough characters,
so I forwarded it to my Gmail account, where it still looked fine.

The other two emails you sent are also multipart/alternative documents
with a single part labeled "text-plain;charset=iso-885-1", but alas it
too is encoded in UTF-8, so it's displayed as mojibake.

--
John Cowan  http://ccil.org/~cowan  cowan@hidden.email
All "isms" should be "wasms".   --Abbie