Re: [engelang] How do you create the vocabulary of your conlangs?

20.9.2012 4:35, Leonardo wrote:

Do you try to use the most international roots or to represent as many language families and ethnic groups as possible?

In my language, Pandunia, I try to use international roots from all around the world. The Western international words are an important source, other important sources are Perso-Arabic international words, which are found in North Africa and all across South Asia, and Sinitic (i.e. old Chinese) words, which are frequent in China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam and other East Asian countries. Also there are many Indic words, which have spread from India to surrounding areas. There are also lesser groups, but I don't have time and resources to research all possibilities.

--
Risto Kupsala