Re: [engelang] The death of Tsar Boris

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:53 PM, John Cowan <cowan@hidden.email> wrote:

> Tsar Boris III of Bulgaria died in 1943; so much is fact. It's widely
> believed that the Germans murdered him by poison, but neither the cause of
> death nor the identities of the killers (if any) were ever established.
> How would you say in Xorban
>
> The Germans probably killed Boris by poison.
>
> in such a way that the factuality of his death is preserved, while the
> questions of murder and poison remain open? I'm not even sure how to
> adequately express this in English (other than by the two sentences at
> the start of this post), but loglangs are supposed to get this kind of
> thing right.

Since you want to assert his death without asserting that he was
killed, I don't think it can be done with just a predicate that means
"kill", you have to resort to "die". I would say "Tsar Boris III died
probably poisoned by the Germans."

la q Tsar Boris III qa je mrsbnxa le dtce li fi vndctreka lkni
A/'Tsar Boris III'(A): died(A) &  E/Germans(E): I/situation-in-which
poisons(E,A): likely(I)

co ma'a xrxe