Re: [engelang] Xorban multivar bindings; "complements"

Mike S., On 30/08/2012 13:43:
On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 7:59 AM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email <mailto:and.rosta@hidden.email>> wrote:

    Mike S., On 30/08/2012 03:54:

     > what does suffixing to predicates two -fX or five extra -kX mean?

    Multiple -fX are probably vacuous, unless we can think of something useful for them. Five extra -kX changes the predicate into one with arity n+5.

     > I don't think the meaning of event-interpreted Bafe is very clear.

    Bafe = E is a state of affairs in which Ba... is the case.

That's not clear.  There are at three possible interpretations for that expression.

1. Bafe Ra Pa => Ba Rafe Pa
2. Bafe Ra Pa => Ba Ra Pafe
3. Bafe Ra Pa => Ba Rafe Pafe

I think there's essentially only one possible interpretation, and that's the one that's consistent with the meaning of Ba. On the whole, I'd say that by default, none of 1--3 is valid.

For example, given the predicate "X discover Y to the case", "la refa bcde fghe dscvra'aka" entails neither "la bcdo'efa dscvra'aka" nor  "la fgho'efa dscvra'aka" .

--And.