Re: [engelang] Re: [lojban] &Lang

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM, And Rosta <and.rosta@hidden.email> wrote:

> I'm a bit lost by this. The way it works is that the parsed predicate and
> the incoming predicate each have an ordered list of arguments. You take the
> first argument off the incoming list and, starting at the start of the
> parsed list, work your way through the parsed list until you can merge an
> item with the current item from the incoming list. Once you've merged it,
> you then take the next item of the incoming list and continue along the
> parsed list till you can merge, and so forth.

Continue along? Does that mean that the second argument of the
incoming list can't be merged with one from the parsed list that was
passed by the first argument?

> > N(n,m) = Sum from i=1 to min(n,m) of n!m! / i!(n-i)!(m-i)!
> >
> > For four sorts of correspondence, it gets more complicated.
>
> Think of it this way:
>
> You have n men and m women, each may enter into monogamous heterosexual
> marriage or may remain single. How many different marriage patterns are
> there?

That's the above N(n,m)

But this assumes that the second woman can still choose one of the men
discarded by the first woman.

> In the more complicated system, it's the same but with four different
> sorts of monogamous heterosexual marriage.

Yes, I didn't make the calculations for that more complicated set of
possibilities.

mu'o mi'e xorxes