Re: [engelang] Xorban Development

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 7:42 PM, Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email> wrote:

We also could have some rule about how unbound variables are bound,
and binding with "l- sm-", where "sm" is a predicate that is true of
anything is an obvious choice.

[...]

The only question is about using the commonly used variables of shape "V" - if we are also doing things like using free variables to create the passive voice so to speak, we have to be careful about that. The sentence "na la xrja nlceka" intended as "pigs aren't liked", under a certain context might mean "the woman with the red hat doesn't like pigs".  So maybe we should set aside or some "V'V" or "Vy"or "aw" for the purpose of an explicitly unbound variable indicating something like "zo'e".

If "oy" were selected to be the explicitly not-allowed-to-be-bound variable, then adding "oy" to any predicate would assume a "loy smoy" binding, and any other binding would be illicit.