Re: Hello? Anyone here? Q about engineering stability into a conlang

re: having it both ways
I've put some thought into this and I think my basic premise is right because there is more than one way to be redundant. For example, when I read a simple sentence in toki pona, I fire up every tool & engine that I have to comprehend it.

insa mi li jo e ala. mi moku e kili.

I use use discourse (what would typically follow a sentence like "I'm hungry"?)
I use common sense. People need food, fruit is a common thing people eat. I know that mi is always animate, insa, moku and kili are inanimate and jo, ala are abstract. I know that li and e don't actually refer to anything concrete.
I use most subjective statistics about part of speech. kili is usually an noun, moku is a verb half the time, a noun the other half of the time. mi is always an anaphora or pronoun.
I know that subject stuff is first, object stuff is last and verbs are in the middle.
I know that verbs are prefixed by li, sometimes suffixed by e, objects prefixed e, and subjects usually suffixed by li.
I also know that all elements are in the lexicon and that none are proper modifiers.
I know that there really is only one parse tree for the example, but if there were multiple parse trees, I can use common sense to discard the crazy sounding ones because I know that my colocutor isn't crazy.

Some subset of all those things are telling me the same thing over & over. I'm not even sure how one would count this sort of redundancy, but 4 of the above let me know what is subject verb and object.

Now if I'd said

mi jo ala e olin. mi wan.  mi jo ala e olin. mi wan.

That is redundancy of a very countable sort, the entire message is sent twice. One still can't tell if the speaker is complain about being alone or being married, because of all the clues, some overlapping and some not, none of them resolve what "wan" means.

I'm awash in clues about what is the subject verb and object. I'm really short on clues about what is an adverbial modifier of a verb, and many other things.