Re: [engelang] Re: Self-segmenting words & the treatment of names

And Rosta scripsit:

> > As for the kinds of composition, "coordinate" means that the relation
> > is simmetrical (for instance, an AND or an OR relation, as in the
> > English words "greenhouse", "houseboat",..),
>
> Are there examples where the relation is OR?

English doesn't have this kind, but there's a Sanskrit compound
"victory-defeat" meaning "victory or defeat, as the case may be".

--
John Cowan   cowan@hidden.email
    "Mr. Lane, if you ever wish anything that I can do, all you will have