Re: [engelang] Re: Engelangs - A Design Goal Catalog

maikxlx scripsit:

> I don't dispute your point that Lojban is quite rich in devices
> that allow a speaker to be as precise as he likes, but I also
> can't shake the belief that semantic precision was regarded as
> a low priority, at least relative to syntactic non-ambiguity
> and brevity.

We felt it important to have the *capability* to be precise,
but important also not to require it.  A major goal of Lojban,
which you don't mention in your list, is flexibility.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@hidden.email>     http://www.reutershealth.com