Re: [CONLANG] Featural Alphabet

--- In engelang@y..., "And Rosta" <a-rosta@a...> wrote:
> > --- In engelang@y..., "maikxlx" <maikxlx@g...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Here's what I had originally wrote:
> >
> > It's past my bedtime, otherwise I would not have *written*
> > something as ugly as "had wrote".   Ugh!
> >
> > ---   Mike
>
> Ugly?! Why, it's perfectly well-formed Geordie.
>
> --And.

I am sure it is not ugly from a point of view. :-)
Verbs are used different ways all over the place.

For example, though I am a New Englander (southwestern,
rhotic area) my mom was from North Dakota (which contains
the geographical center of North America) and out that way
they like to shuffle their past verbs and participles
seemingly randomly.  Apparently my mom dropped these usages
when she moved east, but when I am visiting out west, I do
hear things like "I seen that yesterday".  I have to admit
I cringe when I hear things like that, though I try not to.

---   Mike