Re: [engelang] Re: Fwd: preliminary remarks on Toaq Dzu

Paul Roser pkroser57@hidden.email [engelang] scripsit:

> At least for judging auditory discriminability, I would recommend using a
> combination of (i) one's own judgement,  [...]  But for present purposes
> I'm interested in (i).

All very well for trained phoneticians, but for most people this will
just replicate the native inventory or a subset thereof.  What we can
hear is what is phonemic to us.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@hidden.email
I could dance with you till the cows come home.  On second thought,