Re: [engelang] Re: Fwd: preliminary remarks on Toaq Dzu

And Rosta and.rosta@hidden.email [engelang] scripsit:

> As you know, English doesn't have lexically contrastive tones, unlike
> Chinese. As for whether it has phonologically contrastive tones at all, I
> think it probably has two, but it could have none (and some think it has
> about seven).

Guaspi has six tones, but they are not lexical; rather, they are used to
express the syntax of the language.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@hidden.email
When I'm stuck in something boring where reading would be impossible or