Re: [engelang] Xorban compounding revisited

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Jorge Llambías <jjllambias@hidden.email> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Mike S. <maikxlx@gmail.com> wrote:

> la ma djna le crbe zlmjake.
>
> la ma djna le je li smpi psike li vdri smseki vmcake
> "John is removing computer-related virus-similars."

[...]

> So the above would be:
>
> la ma djna crbyzlmja.
> "John is bear-shaped"
>
> la ma djna le smpyvdre vmcake.
> "John is removing computer-viruses"

How about:

la ma djna je crbo'e zlmja

That's interesting, but I am not sure.

la ma djna le je smpo'e vdre vmcake

I don't like this one because la 'smpyvdr'a na vdra.

(Or with "ju" instead of "je".) Those have the vagueness of tanru, if
not any non-veridicality. If non-veridicality is important, there
could be an operator for that, but I'm not sure about introducing
tanru.

co ma'a xrxe
,___
Well, I am not suggesting we bring in "bo" and "co" and "ke" and all that stuff.  Just that we use a letter currently unused in stems to indicate nonce predicates.  A non-veridical operator might be useful completely apart from the question of compounds.  I think And mentioned that that d- was non-veridical, so we might already have it it though.

--
co ma'a mke

Xorban blog: Xorban.wordpress.com
My LL blog: Loglang.wordpress.com