Re: [engelang] All languages share a single origin?

Leonardo Castro scripsit:

> Hmmm... If the USA send some astronauts to colonize Mars, wouldn't
> they take with them only a small fraction of Earth's phonemes?

Yes, but that's because Earth has 7000 languages and the astronauts will
only speak a few of them.  That's not the same as emigrating from your
home and leaving most of your language's phonemes behind.

--
When I'm stuck in something boring              John Cowan
where reading would be impossible or            (who loves Asimov too)