Re: [engelang] Binary Trees by Tone

Mike S. scripsit:

> LL  \ low     (grave accent) governs child on right
>
> LH \/ rising  (caron) governs no child
>
> HH /  high    (acute accent) governs child on left
>
> HL /\ falling (circumflex) governs children on left & right

Have you looked at Gua\spi yet?  It's the original grammar-by-tones
system: http://www.math.ucla.edu/~jimc/guaspi .  The tonal spelling is
irritating, but that's partly because it predates Unicode.  I devised
a Unicode spelling which I keep meaning to write down but never do.

--
John Cowan   cowan@hidden.email    http://ccil.org/~cowan
Original line from The Warrior's Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold: