RE: [engelang] Re: Logical Structure vs. Syntactic Structure

pc:
> This comparing apples and pears -- almost the same thing but not
> quite.  the parse is a strictly linear and binary breaking of the
> sentence to determine whether it is grammatical and how it is
> constructed according the this particular grammar (the official one).
>  This is meant to be very close to the syntactic structure of the
> sentence but pretty obviously is not identical with it.

Although I am familiar with the distinction between a parser and a
grammar, I have not come across a distinction between a parse
-- the product of the parser -- and a grammatical structure
-- the structure assigned to the sentence by the grammar.

Can you elucidate the distinction?

--And.